- General Rules which apply to all competitions, unless otherwise indicated
- Entries will only be accepted from paid-up members of the society.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- Acceptance of the rules is a condition of entry.
- You must put your club membership number and the title of the photograph on the top left corner of the back of each entry.
- Prints must be mounted.
- Print size must be a minimum of 10″x7″ and a maximum of 16.5″x11.7″
- You must also provide the image on USB to be entered in for the League Competition.
- Entries must be on USB memory stick. (They will be returned)
- Files must be in JPEG format. No RAW, DNG, TIFF or other formats are acceptable.
- File names must include the membership number, section and photo title in the format yynnn-s-title eg
- 11701-C-Tree on Kilkenny Road.jpg
- 11701-M-After Sunset.jpg
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant.
- The committee may decide not to accept an entry.
- Judges’ decisions are final and no discussion or correspondence will be entered into concerning decisions.
- Every care will be taken with the entries by the committee, but the society cannot accept liability for loss or damage.
New Format for Club Competitions 2015-2016
• 4 rounds with 2 images each round.
• One Colour image and One Mono image each round.
• One set theme image and one open theme each round alternating between colour and mono.
• 2 printed rounds
• Cannot use images presented in Shield.
• Cannot present images from League in Shield.
• Entrant with top marks at end of Competition wins League trophy. Prizes also to be awarded for 2nd, 3rd , 4th and 5th placings.
• Each competitors points go forward for Photographer of the Year.
• Photographs used in previous CPS competitions will not be accepted.
Judging of the League
• All rounds judged and scored by external judge.
• Each image will be scored out of a possible total of 20 points
• Where a theme applies, the judge(s) may award up to five marks for compliance with the theme.
- Similar format to POY of previous years.
- Each competitor to present 8 digital images.
- Images can be colour or mono or a mixture of both.
- No set theme.
- Images will not be judged as a panel.
- All entrants points to go forward towards Photographer of the Year.
- Top five competitors present five of their images in print format on final round.
- Cannot use images already used in League.
- Members whose images are selected for judging of the final five prints will contest places for the Shield, but no additional distinction points will be gained from the judging of these images.
- All images will be marked out of 20 points.
- All images to be judged and scored by external adjudicator.
- Entry to the Shield is open to all members of CPS.
- A new Shield Trophy will be presented to the winner of the competition.
- Distinction points for the eight images of the Club Shield will be awarded on the same basis as in the Club League.
Photographer of the Year.
Photographer of the Year title and trophy to be awarded to the competitor who achieves the highest combined score from League and Shield.
In the event of a tie for a place in the photographer of the year, the highest scores in the Shield will decide final placings.
DISTINCTION POINTS TABLE:
Bronze Pin – 7 Points required
Silver Pin – 20 Points required
Gold Pin – 33 Points required
Platinum Pin – 75 Points required