All members have access to the CPS website’s albums, where they can post their photos for others to see. Those who also use facebook can post their pictures in the CPS Group there, so which to use? Both have advantages and disadvantages.
- Ease of Posting: It is probably a bit easier to put a picture on our website, as you can upload up to 20 pictures at a time
- Visibility: Only CPS members can see pictures posted in our group on facebook, while anyone can see pictures posted in the albums, unless you (or the administrator) specifically restricts them
- Discussion: With the latest album system, it is easy for members to rate or comment on a photo, and if you have several you would like opinions on, the website is easier. There is, or will be, a mechanism for exchange of comments between the website and facebook
- Picture quality: You will generally get higher quality results in pictures on the website
- Organisation: Everyone gets their own album in the gallery and there are generally separate albums for various projects. Within their album members can create sub-albums, so pictures can be organised into various categories. In the facebook group all the pictures go into one big album (generally).
- Permanence: Facebook isn’t. The webpage is.
If you had pictures in our previous Gallery system and would like them transferred to your new album, let me (Austin) know. It is a simple operation but does require admin rights.